All of our special events, advocacy efforts, community outreach and other important activities would be impossible to carry out without the help of the Chapter’s numerous dedicated volunteers. JDRF’s volunteers contribute their time, talent, and resources to our work - and their commitment helps raise millions of dollars for diabetes research, increases public awareness of diabetes, and provides emotional support for children, adults and families with diabetes.
Our volunteers help JDRF keep its costs low. Consistently, more than 80 percent of every dollar spent goes directly to diabetes research and public education, making JDRF one of the most cost efficient and productive private health research organizations in the world.
What do our volunteers do?
- Serve on the Board or Board committees.
- Assist with the organization, planning and completion of fundraising events.
- Assist with the recruitment of walkers.
- Speak to representatives in Florida and on Capital Hill.
- Assist with many administrative tasks, such as registering walkers, data entry, phone calls, preparing mailings, award distribution, stewardship, communications to the public, etc.
- Represent JDRF at various fundraising events.
- Share their personal stories as an advocate for diabetes.
- And countless other tasks, large and small, that make our Chapter “go.”
To volunteer with JDRF call (904) 739- 2101 or email us.